Until recently most music software only allowed working with the same 12 notes, equally divided over an octave. Whilst microtuning additions have broadened this considerably, it can still be cumbersome to get all plugins and external synths in tune, until now...
The MTS-ESP Suite equips composers with tools to get everything tuned quickly and accurately, as well as presenting entirely new compositional methods.
Change notes or chords whilst they’re being played, transpose all instruments at once or morph into an entirely different tuning system - the possibilities are endless. Discover more about tuning and get detailed visual representations in real-time, or simply get everything tuned correctly in record time.
The MTS-ESP Suite provides the computer musician with an intuitive toolset for rapidly composing and finessing microtonal pieces. Existing MIDI compositions can be easily converted to a different tuning system and given an entirely different emotional context. Working on new compositions is made nearly effortless.
- Import and export .scl, .kbm and .tun tuning and mapping files
- Create new tuning systems, manually and algorithmically
- Control the tuning of your whole studio from within a single plugin
- Retune any plugin or MIDI device with either MTS-ESP, MPE, MTS SysEx or MIDI pitch bend
- Automate tuning changes across all plugins and MIDI devices
- Visualize and compare tuning systems
- Convert compositions from one tuning system to another
- Create subset scales by analysing MIDI to only include used notes
- Use a Novation Launchpad as a microtonal keyboard and chord player
- Create tunings by ear and tune instruments with the built in synth
- Zero-latency, low CPU use
- Simple, ergonomic resizable interface
- Mac Retina and Windows HiDPI support
- Free, completely functional 30-day demo
Windows System Requirements
- Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10
- 32 bit or 64 bit
- A host that supports VST, VST3 or AAX plug-ins.
Mac OS System Requirements
- OS X 10.7 or newer, including Catalina(10.15) and Big Sur(11)
- 64 bit only
- A host that supports VST, VST3, AU or AAX plug-ins.
- Intel or ARM Mac
1.03 -> 1.04
- IPC support for MTS-ESP.
- Fix handling of note remapping for poly pressure messages in Launchpad script and MIDI Client.
- Correctly offset reference frequency when loading from [Exact Tuning] section in Tun file.
- Fix crash when analysing scale where all intervals are multiples of the period.
- Ensure Ctrl-click is always recognised as secondary click on OSX.
- Fix updating of morph frequencies when switching morph scale.
- Fix step note-on indicators potentially sticking on when triggering duplicate notes from launchpad.
- Fix incorrect frequencies of Tuning, Random or Priority Adjuster macro placed after a Transpose macro.
- Fix transpose macro default value when Ctrl/Cmd clicking.
- Transpose macro modes renamed to be more self-explanatory.
- New Transpose macro mode "Modulate", shifts tonic whilst maintaining it's frequency.
- New parameter for Transpose macro "Adaptive Tuning" selects whether to use the adjusted intervals output from the previous macro or the original scale intervals when modulating.
- Transpose macro now correctly adjusts reference frequency if placed after other macros.
- Transpose macro can now be controlled via MIDI note messages, with option to use lowest played note.
- Improve automation timing.
- Fix changing scale type not working at the same time as automating active scale.
- Fix handling of CCs with VST3 in Ableton Live.
- Turn off any notes which need to be filtered out when updating control note filter.
- Fix MIDI Client not showing license details.
- Fix handling of multi-channel MIDI input with VST3 MIDI Client.
- Fix recall of wheel bend up range in MIDI Client M4L MPE device.
- Fix error message showing when MIDI Client M4L device or track is duplicated after editing a parameter.
- Right-click Bypass button in MIDI Client to learn it to a CC.
- Fix OpenGL crash on closing UI in VCVRack on ARM Mac.
- Fix support for Launchpad Mini Mk3.
- Fix keyboard input for some DAWs on OSX.
- Tuning Table right click option "Invert Ratio" now applies period expansion/reduction after inverting.
1.02 -> 1.03
- Relocate MTS-ESP library to Common Files folder on Windows.
- Fix potential parameter recall issues with VST3 in Bitwig.
- Fix parameters sometimes resetting on loading M4L device.
1.01 -> 1.02
- Improve plug-in loading with MIDI Client M4L device in Ableton Live.
- Fix MIDI Client M4L device install script on OSX.
- Fix MTS-ESP note filter not getting updated when manually adding/removing steps from a scale.
- Add Sevish Tuning Pack.
- Remove unnecessary Device ID bytes 2 and 3 parameters from MIDI Client.
- If MPE Receive is set to On in MIDI Client, scale MPE bend according to active tuning. "Wheel" bend renamed to "MPE Bend" for this case and should be set to the same as the controller bend range.
1.00 -> 1.01
- Fix missing presets in MIDI Client.