Until recently most music software only allowed working with the same 12 notes, equally divided over an octave. Whilst microtuning additions have broadened this considerably, it can still be cumbersome to get all plugins and external synths in tune, until now...
The MTS-ESP Suite equips composers with tools to get everything tuned quickly and accurately, as well as presenting entirely new compositional methods.
Change notes or chords whilst they’re being played, transpose all instruments at once or morph into an entirely different tuning system - the possibilities are endless. Discover more about tuning and get detailed visual representations in real-time, or simply get everything tuned correctly in record time.
The MTS-ESP Suite provides the computer musician with an intuitive toolset for rapidly composing and finessing microtonal pieces. Existing MIDI compositions can be easily converted to a different tuning system and given an entirely different emotional context. Working on new compositions is made nearly effortless.
- Import and export .scl, .kbm and .tun tuning and mapping files
- Create new tuning systems, manually and algorithmically
- Control the tuning of your whole studio from within a single plugin
- Retune any plugin or MIDI device with either MTS-ESP, MPE, MTS SysEx or MIDI pitch bend
- Automate tuning changes across all plugins and MIDI devices
- Visualize and compare tuning systems
- Convert compositions from one tuning system to another
- Create subset scales by analysing MIDI to only include used notes
- Use a Novation Launchpad as a microtonal keyboard and chord player
- Create tunings by ear and tune instruments with the built in synth
- Zero-latency, low CPU use
- Simple, ergonomic resizable interface
- Mac Retina and Windows HiDPI support
- Free, completely functional 30-day demo
Windows System Requirements
- Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10
- 32 bit or 64 bit
- A host that supports VST, VST3 or AAX plug-ins.
Mac OS System Requirements
- OS X 10.7 or newer, including Catalina(10.15) and Big Sur(11)
- 64 bit only
- A host that supports VST, VST3, AU or AAX plug-ins.
- Intel or ARM Mac
1.02 -> 1.03
- Relocate MTS-ESP library to Common Files folder on Windows.
- Fix potential parameter recall issues with VST3 in Bitwig.
- Fix parameters sometimes resetting on loading M4L device.
1.01 -> 1.02
- Improve plug-in loading with MIDI Client M4L device in Ableton Live.
- Fix MIDI Client M4L device install script on OSX.
- Fix MTS-ESP note filter not getting updated when manually adding/removing steps from a scale.
- Add Sevish Tuning Pack.
- Remove unnecessary Device ID bytes 2 and 3 parameters from MIDI Client.
- If MPE Receive is set to On in MIDI Client, scale MPE bend according to active tuning. "Wheel" bend renamed to "MPE Bend" for this case and should be set to the same as the controller bend range.
1.00 -> 1.01
- Fix missing presets in MIDI Client.