The Ensoniq MR series of synthesisers was released in the mid 90s. A rack version and three keyboard versions were produced, all featuring a powerful synth engine able to create complex sounds consisting of up to 16 individual layers. To simplify operation, sounds could not be edited from the hardware, only via a software editor. This editor software allows the sound creation potential of the MR series to be unlocked using a modern computer, either running standalone or in any DAW supporting VST, VST3, AU or AAX plug-in formats.
In addition to editing sounds, this editor features a bank manager for transferring and organising banks of sounds, a full performance editor (MR Rack only), a drum kit sound editor and the ability to send, save and recall insert FX presets and system parameter dumps.
The MR Rack has a number of differences to the keyboard versions and as such we have created a separate editor for it. Both the rack and keyboard versions of this editor are included in the installer and you will be licensed for both on purchase.
The MR series supports MIDI Tuning Standard (MTS) SysEx messages, unlock its microtuning potential with the MTS-ESP Suite!
- Support for the MR Rack, MR61, MR76 and ZR76 models
- Create and edit sounds using the MR synth engine, functionality which is not available from the hardware
- Full performance editor (MR Rack only)
- Drum kit editor for creating and editing MR drum kit sounds
- Bank manager for transferring, backing up and organising banks of sounds and performances
- Parameter linking system, for simultaneous editing of the same parameter across multiple parts or layers
- Ability to save and recall insert FX presets and system parameter dumps as SysEx
- Direct access to MIDI ports for sending and receiving SysEx messages, for compatibility with DAWs that don’t support SysEx
- Support for all MR ROM preset expansion cards
- Support for loading MR format .sbk sound bank files
- Full parameter undo/redo
- MIDI CC learn for all parameters
- Freely resizable interface
- Mac Retina and Windows HiDPI support
- Free, completely functional 30-day demo
Windows System Requirements
- Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10
- 32 bit or 64 bit
- A host that supports VST, VST3 or AAX plug-ins.
Mac OS System Requirements
- OS X 10.7 or newer, including Catalina(10.15) and Big Sur(11)
- 64 bit only
- A host that supports VST, VST3, AU or AAX plug-ins.
- Intel or ARM Mac
1.00 -> 1.01 (2021-11-09)
- Bank manager now supports loading of MR format .sbk sound bank files.
- Fix pagetables for AAX plug-ins.